Here are 7 reliable steps to search for the school that offers the best online college degrees:
1. The first thing that you need to do is to check out the college’s accreditation. But you need to understand that there are only two kinds of college accreditations:
– Regional accreditation
– National accreditation
This may sound weird, but Regional accreditation is considered as the highest accreditation that any college can have. Employers usually recognize degrees earned at “Regionally accredited colleges” and colleges credits from these colleges can be transferred into any college within the United States.
2. Now the search for the best college degrees online has just begun. Choose a couple of online Regionally accredited colleges and compare them completely on objective information provided by all schools to the public.
3. Find out the following about each college:
• Graduation rate – the higher the number, the better
• Student population – the lower the number, the better
• The ratio of students to teachers – the lower the number, the better
• The number of credit required in order to complete the online degree program – the average number of credits required to obtain bachelors degree is 120 credits while an associates degree is 60 credits.
4. Make enquiries about how the online classes are going to be scheduled, how many times each are students are needed to login to their classes online and how long will teachers take to respond to questions asked by students.
5. If you are interested in earning a degree from a particular online college recommended by a friend of yours, make sure that you ask the right questions.
6. Never choose an online college because the school is very popular and have spent loads of cash on ads and marketing – any school can claim to offer the best college degrees online with the right advertising and marketing strategies.
7. Be very careful of “high pressure techniques” employed from many online colleges to compel you to make a quick decision to enroll.